- Kote Trail
- Pete Trail
Sajjan Rao Samadhi
Vani Vilas Hospital
The Vani Vilas Hospital stands on the grounds where the Fort Church and the Fort Cemetery once stood. The Land was acquired from the Church of England by the Mysore Government. It was built in 1935, at a cost of ₹4 lakhs. Today it is a government run hospital for women and children.
Tipu Sultan's Summer Place
A perfect example of Indo-Islamic architecture this palace was the summer residence of the Mysorean ruler Tipu Sultan. His father Hyder Ali commenced its construction within the walls of the Old Fort, and it was completed during the reign of Tipu Sultan in 1791. After Tipu Sultan's death in the Fourth Anglo-Mysore War, the British Administration used the palace for its secretariat before moving to Attara Kacheri in 1868.
Kempe Gowda I built a mud fort 1537 which later came to be known as the Bangalore Fort. Hyder Ali in 1761 replaced the mud fort with a stone fort and it was further improved by his son Tipu Sultan in the late 18th century. The fort was damaged during an Anglo-Mysore war in 1791.
Kote Venkataramana Temple
The temple was built in 1689 in Dravidian and Vijayanagara style by King Chikka Devaraja Wodeyar, then ruler of Mysore. It is located near the old fort adjacent to what was once the residence of Mysore Wodeyar royal family, and later became the palace of Tipu Sultan.
Tipu Sultan's Armoury
Bharat Scout and Guides
Krishna Rajendra Market
K R Market was established in 1928. The location of the market is said to have been a water tank and then a battlefield in the 18th century during the Anglo-Mysore Wars. From the British era, two buildings remain, at the front and back of the market area. It is the largest wholesale market dealing with commodities in Bangalore.
The ICHR has before it the primary objective of promoting research in the field of history and allied subjects in the southern part of the country through this centre. It has now been recognised as one of the best and most developed historical research library in Bangalore.
Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple
Rice Memorial Church
The church is named after Rev. Benjamin Holt Rice, a missionary of the London Missionary Society (LMS), a Canarese scholar and a pioneer of education in the Bangalore Pete region. The church is a stone building in the European Classical style, with Tuscan columns, pediments and keystone arch windows. The church building has been demolished and raised at least 3 times, with the current structure consecrated in 1917.
Indian Institute of World Culture
Founded on 11 August 1945 by B. P. Wadia and his wife Sophia Wadia, The Indian Institute of World Culture (IIWC), is a public institution that aims, via its activities, to foster the growth of a truly cosmopolitan spirit among citizens of all nations.
M N Krishna Rao Park
Bugle Rock Park
The Bull Temple in Bangalore, also known as Nandi Temple, is famous for its large statue of the sacred bull, Nandi which is said to be one of the biggest in the world. The temple is estimated to have been built in the year 1537 by a ruler named Kempe Gowda. The idol of Nandi is carved from a single stone of granite, and features a Shivalingam behind it.
When Chikkadevaraja Wodeyar bought Bengaluru from Quasim Khan in 1689, he is believed to have appointed three subordinates to look after the affairs of Bengaluru. Achyutaraya was one of them and he built and developed some temples in Bengaluru, including Sri Mallikarjunaswamy temple.
The library is known as Dr. M.H. Marigowda National Horticulture Library on the Lalbagh Botanical Garden premises. Built in 1856, it was one of the first structures in Bengaluru to get the heritage tag. It served as the residence of the Lalbagh curator, and horticulture directors including G.H. Krumbiegel, M.H. Mari Gowda and H.C. Javaraya.
Inner Circle Park
The story goes that in 1882, the then Maharaja of Mysore, Chamaraja Wodeyar granted 3,900 acres to the Anglo Indian community. The area got its name from David White who supervised the settlement. Whitefield of those days boasted colonial style quaint bungalows, cottages and inns and taverns, including The Waverly Inn. Legend has it that Sir Winston Churchill visited The Waverly Inn often as he was courting the inn keeper’s daughter Rose Hamilton.
Crafts Council of Karnataka
The Crafts Council of Karnataka is a not-for-profit organization started in Bengaluru in the year 1967, under the patronage of Smt. Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay, doyenne of handicrafts in India. The Council was formed into a society in 1982. The mission of CCK is the promotion and support of the crafts of Karnataka and sustainable livelihoods of its crafts persons.
Kanya Sari House
Kanya was originally opened in 1952 by Ammani Iyengar and it features the finest traditional, South Indian Kanjeevarams. The boutique is set in the 120 year old ancestral home of the family in Malleswaram. The gardens and timeless interiors of this old house take you back in time, and compliment the heritage shopping experience.
St. Peter's Seminary
A garden home in Malleswaram, which was once the vegetarian- Brahmin stronghold of Bangalore. The name Pottipati derives from a village in Andhra Pradesh from where its owners – the Reddy family, originally migrated to Bangalore. The once-magnificent and close to a century old Villa Pottipati was razed to the ground in Aug 2018 by private developers,