Dating back to 1915, the Banashankari temple located on the Kanakapura road in Bangalore attracts a huge number of devotees. It is only in this temple that the deity is worshiped during Rahukala which is considered to be an inauspicious time by the Hindus. The devotees offer their prayers by lighting multiple oil lamps in half cut lemon peels, whose pulp has been removed. The temple has three ceremonial celebrations annually. One for the commemoration of the birth of the Goddess Banashankari in September, another for the celebration of Dussehra during October and the last one in December to mark the temple’s anniversary.